Thursday, December 10, 2009


Thanksgiving has come and gone. Unfortunately, I was pretty sick. So I don't remember much about those few days. Something about a decongestant and memory loss...I am glad to be back in KY. Although, I do slightly remember watching a little bit of the Macy's Parade wishing I were back there. (Only for the fun stuff!)

Caleb is now 13 and Matt is now 34. Birthdays too, have come and gone. Now I get a short "breather" before the Christmas festivities begin. (A very short breather...) I never really cared much about how crazy busy we were in December, because I knew I could always count on January to be nice and slow...

Not this January! This is a new beginning for our family and our church plant Four Hills! And what better way to "ring in the new year", by having our first church work day. We will be working on January 1st. We'll be painting, and building, and doing whatever is needed to get our building ready for our community. So I guess this may just be our busiest January, ever!

Homeschool is going great as well! I'm getting Caleb and Cameron ready for the Scripps-Howard Spelling Bee at the end of January. This will the first year that the boys will participate. We've still got work to do! :)

Recipe Time:

I bought these Lemon Tea Cakes at a farmers market a while back...I found the recipe and I'll never buy them again!

Lemon Tea Cakes

1 box of Yellow Cake Mix
1 small box of Lemon Pudding (Do not prepare)
4 eggs
3/4 cup of vegetable oil


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ingredients. This dough is thick, not like cake batter. Place in greased muffin tins (I used paper cups, they were eaiser to take out!) and bake about 13 minutes. Cool for about 3 minutes and carefully take the cakes out. While still warm, glaze the tops. The glaze will soak into the cakes and I like to glaze them again. Let the glaze set and dry before putting them in an air-tight container.


Glaze:
3 cups of powdered sugar
Zest from 1 lemon
Juice from 1 lemon
1 1/2 tbs of water
1 1/2 tbs of vegetable oil



No comments: