Wednesday, November 18, 2009

An Attitude of Thankfulness...

As I sit here...I have three sick guys. Two have sore throats, and my little guy has pink eye...again. Cameron gets pink eye at least 5 or 6 times a year. So by my count, this should be it for the year! :)

I'm thankful that I'm well, and pray I stay that way!!

The boys are learning the culture and manners of the Pilgrims. They learned that often during meals, children would stand and eat while adults sat. The children would share and eat off the same plate. Most people at that time had lice and fleas, and it was very bad manners to scratch at the table.

I think they are very thankful they weren't born back then...I am too! :)
I'm also thankful that I have the freedom to teach our children at home. I'm thankful that I have the choice.

I've had a bummer of week...I think it's a combination of missing friends and the HUGE change that we've gone through in the past couple of months. It's been more difficult than I thought. I'm not sure what I expected. Leaving my "normal life" and planting a church - it's not really a situation that I could have prepared myself for.

I'm thankful for the Four Hills Launch Team. I'm thankful for new friends, for old friends and the opportunity to meet with this group every week to plan and pray.

I just want my boys to have an attitude of thankfulness. I need to be an example for them...even when things aren't going according to MY plan. It's hard to remember that...but I figured that I have to practice it, all the time.

"Let the peace of Christ keep you in tune with each other, in step with one another. None of this going off and doing your own thing. And cultivate thankfulness. Let the Word of Christ - The Message - have the run of the house. Give it plenty of room in your lives. Instruct and direct one another using good common sense. And sing, sing your hearts out to God! Let every detail in your lives - words, actions, whatever - be done in the name of the Master, Jesus, thanking God the Father every step of the way." ~Colossians 3:15-17 (The Message)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? No recipe? I am so not-thankful for that!

Stacy Monyhan said...

Ha! Like you have EVER made anything with a recipe...Love you though!! :)