Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fall, Lovely Fall

Our vacation is over and fall is officially upon us.  School is full swing - voice lessons, piano lessons, art lessons, and youth choir rehearsals...and I can't forget church!!  Whew!  Fall means busy around here.

Fall also means that Honeycrisp Apples are in season... I came across this recipe for an apple dip.  (I wouldn't call it much of a "recipe"... It only has 2 ingredients.)  But it's oh, so yummy!  And you'll see by my picture below that it's great with a banana too!!

Peanut Butter Dip

6 oz of your favorite Greek Yogurt (Vanilla Flavor)
1/3 cup of peanut butter 
(I love the new peanut butter Whips!.. For the same amount you'll have fewer calories... They added air for me!)

Mix together and chill.  You can certainly eat it immediately, (and I did) but the longer it sits, the better it tastes!

This is good stuff!!


 
 
This next recipe was probably the best thing I've made it a while...  I love recipes where you just put everything in the crockpot and forget about it.  The only problem with using a crockpot and being home all day is, you smell the yummy goodness.  It makes you hungry all day!!  ;-)
 
 
Balsamic Beef
 
4-5lb beef roast
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
3 cloves garlic, minced finely
 
Combine the ingredients and pour over beef.  Then add it to your slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Enjoy!
 
So, I had 2 pounds of beef - prepared for stew.  I just used that and cut the other ingredients in half since I didn't have as much beef as it called for in the recipe.  I served it over Baked Cheesy Grits.  (I posted the recipe for the grits back in August.)  I think I'll make this again next week... It's that good!!

 
 
 

 
 

 
 


No comments: