Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Countdown

The Monyhan family went to Kentucky last week to spend our "vacation". Well, Caleb and Cameron went on vacation. The grown-ups had work to do! We did manage to sneak in a couple of days at the lake to relax, but the main reasons for our visit were, meetings, finding a home, and allow Matt to make some job connections. All were done successfully!

So, now I know where these boxes are actually going!! And we are counting down the days....moving day! Today, we have 34 days until we pull out of New Jersey. I still have mixed emotions. I have loved living here in New Jersey. I do love the people here. Honestly, it's like leaving family members. When you move so far away from your family, you tend to make sure you surround yourself with people "like family".

So we are trying to do a few of things that we love to do before we move. Sunday, we spent the afternoon in New York City. Tomorrow we are spending ALL day at Six Flags Great Adventure for some unbelievable coasters (and I've ridden my share). And, I'm sure we will make it to the beach in the next few weeks. (My personal favorite!)

I was looking over our new website for the church plant this morning, (it's not up yet...) and I clicked on the "team members" and beside our picture said "Matt and Stacy Monyhan (Planters). And I guess it just kinda hit me, seeing it there in front of me...I am a church planter. (There's no turning back now!) But I guess what really sunk in, was it didn't say "Planter and Planter's Wife". I don't know, it just felt different.

Don't worry, I am still honored to be a Pastor's wife. I treasure that. And even if I do get credentialed one day, you'll never have to call me Pastor Stacy...(that's Sister Monyhan to you. :) But I have always been asked what it's like to be a Pastor's wife. I just think it's cool to know that I'm not a Church Planter's wife...I'm a wife, that happens to be a Church Planter!

Recipe Time!! :)

California BLT
(If you think you don't like Avocados...please give them a try in this sandwich. And the lemon juice makes it tops!!!)

6-8 slices of bacon
4 slices white bread
Mayonnaise
Lettuce leaves
1 ripe Hass avocado
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 ripe tomato, sliced
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place a baking wire rack on a sheet pan and arrange the bacon on the rack in a single layer. Bake for 15 to 25 minutes, until the bacon is browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels and set aside. (After I started doing my bacon this way, I have never used the top of the stove again!!)

(If you like your bread toasted) - Place the bread slices on a sheet pan and toast them for 5 minutes. Turn the slices and toast for 1 more minute, until all the bread is evenly and lightly browned. Don't walk to far away...

Peel the avocado and slice it 1/2-inch thick. Toss the avocado slices gently with the lemon juice, and set aside.

Arrange your BLT like you would normally do, just add the avocados. Enjoy!

No comments: