Wednesday, July 8, 2009

...Just A Reminder

I really started packing last week. I have begun the never ending "wrap, pack, tape, and stack". Everything is off the walls and the living room and dining room look empty. It's not sad look, though...

There are moments that I think, "Here I am packing all these boxes and I have no idea where these boxes are going."


People keep coming up to me telling me how awesome it is for Matt and I to be taking such a huge step of faith. How they wished they had our faith. They say how lucky the boys are to grow up in our household and witness our faith first-hand.

Well, I feel like I'm getting ready to jump off a cliff. And I'm not sure if it's a big cliff or a little one. (It looks huge from where I'm standing.) And if I survive the jump, what is at the bottom? Who is at the bottom? Will someone be there to catch me, or will I have to dust the dirt off? Who in their right mind would jump, without knowing what was below???

You see, I know, that I know, that I know, that God has called us to pack up everything we own, and totally trust him. I know this because, I have felt a sense confidence that I can't explain. (Notice I said "felt".) Today is one of those days..."Are you sure, God?"..."Are we just crazy?"

I guess, today I just needed to look back in my devotional on the day I began to feel that overwhelming sense of confidence. I guess we can all use a "reminder"....

March 30th
I AM TAKING CARE OF YOU. Trust Me at all times. Trust Me in all circumstances. Trust Me with all your heart. When you are weary and everything seems to be going wrong, you can still utter these four words, "I trust you, Jesus." By doing so, you release matters into My Control, and you fall back into the security of My everlasting arms.

Before you arise from your bed in the morning, I have already arranged the events of your day. Every day provides many opportunities for you to learn My ways and grow closer to Me. Signs of My Presence brighten even the dullest day when you have eyes that really see. Search for Me as a hidden treasure. I will be found by you.

~from "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young

So maybe this is just for me today, or maybe someone else needed to this too. Either way, "God, give me the confidence I need for this "leap"... and help it not to waiver."

I trust you, Jesus...

No comments: