Monday, October 12, 2009

A Beautiful Fall Monday...


Ahh...this is the life! ;) I'm sitting on the couch on this chilly fall day (a cup of blueberry coffee in hand) with my buddy Cam working on Math. He's so smart...

Apparently, I live in a county with a great public school system. I know because I'm told this at least twice a week! I hear this from people that live here, people that used to live, and people that "know people". ;) And I'm sure that Oldham County Schools are really good. When I tell people that I just moved here, they automatically assume it was because of the school system...

There's only one problem...We are a homeschool family. And we like it that way.

I just met one of our neighbors and she told me, "I'm not too sure about the whole homeschool thing, there seems to be too much freedom."

Exactly! :)

For the past few weeks, I've been getting really discouraged. I live in a new place, I don't know the area very well...yet, and Matt was working some really weird hours. (The joys of church planting!!) That meant that I couldn't really get involved with a co-op. (I'm hoping to get involved with a co-op soon!!)
~And every person that found out that we homeschool gave me that "look".

I used to get really defensive, but I don't anymore. When people ask me, "How in the world can you be with your children...all day?" I just smile and say, "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me. And that includes homeschool."
~But, as I always say, it's not for everyone...but for us, it works!!
I met another homeschool family this weekend. They are also in the ministry and they have a 5th and 7th grader...just like us! I firmly believe that God placed us in their path...I needed some encouragement yesterday and Danielle did that for me! :)

Thank you Lord, for those little reminders that You are here....

Now, back to Math...What??? It's a beautiful fall day...let's get outta here!! The world is OUR classroom...


1 comment:

kmonyhan said...

Stupid people should be ignored...I'm just sayin'
You are my hero for being able to stay on a schedule and actually do school work. I'd be the mom who would be like, "eh, we'll just do it tomorrow..." Then again, you're my hero in a lot of ways. I guess I should get you a super hero cape for Christmas! :)