Friday, October 23, 2009

I packed for nothing...

I should be in the Cincinnati area right now at the CPR Conference. (Church Planting and Revitalization). But, instead I'm sitting in my home office that smells like smoke.

Last night, a nest of wasps "woke" up from the warm weather and decided to come into our living room from the fireplace...I killed about 20. (Sorry wasps...) So we lit a fire in the fireplace to "smoke out" anything else that had decided to make it's home up there. I hate fires...if I can't flip a switch then I don't want a fire in the fireplace. It's stinks....real bad. But no more wasps...

I was doing laundry last night and packing for our trip. The spin cycle decided to stop working on the washer...so I thought I better just go to bed and try again this morning.

I haven't blogged in a while, because I've been sick. I just can't seem to kick this...I lived in New Jersey for three years and I only got sick maybe twice....I guess I gotta get used to this Kentucky weather!

So as bad as I felt this morning, I had so much to do before we left to take the boys to my parents and off to the conference....Matt took our car to put gas in it. And on the way home...he gets a flat tire. So my loving husband is putting the spare tire on in the rain, in his dress clothes trying not to get grease on anything. (And he wore a white dress shirt this morning.)

Matt finally gets back, leaves in the company car to do a few things at the office and I load up the boys to go sit at Big O Tires while the tire is replaced...we're still gonna make it. We'll arrive at the conference late...But we are troopers and we can do it!!

Then I get call..."I've been hit in the company car."

Matt was sitting at a red light and a lady hits Matt and two other cars and a semi-truck!! Thankfully no one was hurt...but we're not going make it to the conference, at least not tonight. The last session of the evening has already started.

Hopefully, we can make it to the three sessions in the morning...but who knows now. I can't make any promises...

I am thankful. In every situation, God protected us. I'm not sure the reasons why all these things happened today. We are church planters and we were on our way to a church planting conference....

In all things, I trust You...

No comments: