Monday, April 19, 2010

A Little Prayer...

I love to read. Although, I'm not fiction reader...(unless it's an amazing piece of work by Caleb or Cameron). But there are two books that I am always reading. I'll throw some Church Planting or Homeschool books in now and then, but there are two staples on my table, and here's one:

The Power of a Praying Wife
by Stormie Omartian

This poor, beat up, old book....I have read it front to back, inside and out for over ten years. I had always prayed for Matt, but never so much as when we entered the life of full-time ministry. Now after I've about memorized this book, I will just look through the contents and pick a topic that may be heavy on my heart or just something I feel I should pray about.

This morning I chose, Chapter 9...His Purpose

"Lord, I pray that Matt will hear the call You have on his life. Help him to realize who he is in Christ and give him certainty that he was created for a high purpose. May the eyes of his understanding be enlightened so that he will know what is the hope of Your calling.

Lord, I know when you call us, You also enable us. Enable him to walk worthy of his calling and become the man of God you made him to be. Continue to remind him of what you've called him to do and don't let him get side tracked with things that are unessential to Your purpose. Strike down discouragement so that it will not defeat him. Lift his eyes above the circumstances of the moment so he can see the purpose for which You created him. Give him patience to wait for Your perfect timing. I pray that the desires of this heart will not be in conflict with the desires of Yours...."

I am thankful for my husband. I am thankful to get to live the "not-boring" life that God called us to experience. And even when we have no idea what's next, I'm thankful that we seek Him together.

*I believe that this is such an easy and important read. If you are a wife...this book is a must. (Right along with the old B-I-B-L-E!)*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My wife is soooo cool.