Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Just thinking...

Summer fun...Typical "hometown tourist"!!

I don't understand why I don't blog more. Lord knows, I have stuff to say! I think about the things I do everyday and wonder why I can't sit down and put my thoughts down. I take time to make my bed everyday. I definitely have a cup coffee everyday. I kiss my husband everyday. I teach my children everyday...even on the weekends or the summer, I find something to teach them. I pray everyday. (Remember I'm married to the guy that asked me to take this "not boring" journey with him!)

But still, I let this little part slip away. I enjoy writing. I like putting down my thoughts. I love going back and reading older posts to see where I've been. But I guess lately "life" has been keeping me busy. I remember when I first moved back to Kentucky, I literally had nothing on my calendar...and I thought one of these days it will fill up again!

We are out of school for the summer...we all said a big "Hooray!" as we were eating breakfast on that day. They requested donuts and I obliged. (Fried dough covered in powered sugar...how bad can that be?)

My boys have had a great school year. I am so proud of them... Caleb is getting older and we talk more and more about his future. I love to hear about what he wants in life. And Cameron still insists he's going to "Home College" when he gets older, so I won't be lonely. They are both the best gift that I could possibly have asked for.

I received their test scores from the standardized test that I give them every year. You know that test... "Please use a #2 pencil and color in the circle making sure it is heavy and dark, erasing any stray marks." I had to repeat that many times. I am so proud of them...They both scored way above the "national average"...what ever that means. It's not something that I have to do, I do it more for myself.

Caleb will be attending an "Engineering Camp" next week at the University of Louisville. It's for 7th and 8th graders that may be interested in a career of engineering. I'm not sure that Caleb has any idea what he wants to be "when he grows up." (But it's something he's interested in and I'm excited that he's going.)
Matt and I celebrated our 15th Wedding Anniversary in May. In some ways it feel like it just couldn't be that long and in other ways I feel like saying. "It's only been 15 years?" I am in love with Matt more than the day I married him...if that is even possible.

We launched Four Hills Church on June 6th...We now have weekly services at 5:00 every Sunday evening. I remember moving here, thinking that it was so far away. I love this adventure that we're on...I love the way God continues to bless our people. It blesses me to hear the awesome things that God continues to do in their lives.

And I am still learning...learning to be the best mom I can. I'm still learning to be the best wife I can. I'm still learning that God wants to bless me. And that God wants me to do something significant with my life.

With God's help, I can do it.
With God's blessing, I will do it.

No comments: